This drink reminds me of when I was pregnant with my first daughter Amber. My husband would have to drive me to Wembley a couple of times a week to satisfy the cravings for this sweet, rose flavoured drink. It’s easy to reproduce at home but doesn’t quite stir up the same memories.
I made this as part of a trio of rose flavoured desserts for the 2012 Om Nom Nom Food Bloggers Challenge.
- 1 tall glass of milk
- 1-2 tbsp rose syrup – do not substitute with rosewater. It won’t work.
- 2 tsp tukmeria seeds
- 1 tbsp rice vermicelli
- 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream – optional
To make it
- Put the vermicelli and tukmeria seeds into a bowl of water and leave to soften.
- Mix up the milk and rose syrup in the glass.
- When the seeds and vermicelli are soft, drain and then add to the pinky milk.
- Serve with a dollop of ice cream drizzled over with a tsp of syrup floating on the top
Quick, easy and refreshing on a hot summer’s day.