I recently attended Food Blogger Connect as a guest of The Better Breakfast Campaign. They asked me if I would share breakfast hints, tips and recipes and make breakfast for all the delegates attending.
These simple wraps made from rotli, fruit and spices went down a treat. They are a great way to use up leftover rotli from an evening meal before. Simply reheat gently in a dry frying pan before wrapping.
The below makes enough filling for 4 rotli. I’ve used apples and strawberries as we had lots but you could use any fruit combination.
- 4 rotli – recipe here
- 2 medium sized apples
- half a punnet of strawberries
- 4 tbps of plain thick yoghurt
- 1 tsp ground cumin powder
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp amchur (dried mango powder)
- Few sprigs of fresh coriander
- 4 heaped tsp Baobab Jam
To make them
- Chop the apples into 1 or 2 cm cubes. I leave the skin n for extra nutrients.
- Roughly chop the strawberries to the same size if they are large ones and then toss both fruits into a mixing bowl.
- Add the yoghurt and spices and mix well. Adjust the spicing to your taste. The mango powder gives the sourness.
- Chop the fresh coriander and mix it in til evenly distributed.
- To assemble the wrap, reheat the rotli til slightly warm.
- Spread over about a teaspoon of the baobab jam.
- Place some of the fruit mixture into the centre at the top.
- Bring the bottom half of the rotli over the fruit about half way up.
- Roll over the right side of the rotli, then the left side of the rotli and you should have the fruit encased in the middle ready to eat!