This is my variation of the dish that I cooked for team Gujerati Girls for the Food Blogger Challenge Nom Nom Nom 2012.
When serving use espresso cups or small scoops as it’s quite rich.
- 1/2 tsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- 200ml evaporated milk
- 200ml condensed milk
- 200ml double cream
- 2-3 tbsp gulkhand – rose petal jam
To make it
- Mix the cornflour with the milk and set aside.
- Heat the evaporated milk and bring to the boil over a gentle flame.
- Add the condensed milk, double cream and cornflour mixture and stir well – I use a mini whisk
- Remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool.
- add the gulkhand and place the mixture into a food processor and blend for a couple of minutes to smooth out any lumps.
- Pour into an ice cream maker and churn til set.
Instead of the rose jam you could use a fresh chopped mango, half a cupful of finely ground pistachios or a few strands of saffron. These are all traditional Gujerati kulfi flavours.